Members

Sven-Goran Eriksson says that a tough test from Valencia is exactly what his City side need as he fine-tunes the preparations for the start of the 2007/08 Premier League season.

The La Liga side, regulars in the Champions League, are the visitors for the Thomas Cook Trophy match, City’s final warm up game before the league campaign kicks off at Upton Park next weekend.

The City boss has confirmed that he has included new signings Javi Garrido and Elano Blumer are in the squad for today’s game.

“Valencia will be a very important test,” says Sven. “It will be the most difficult friendly we have had so far, and of course with it being one week before we play West Ham it's very important for us that we get it right.

“They are one of the best teams to ever come here and a big test for us just one week before the Premier League starts – it’s perfect!”

With four new players arriving in the latter half of this week, Sven accepts that the task of knitting together a new team is a big one but he has no problem with the pressure that comes with it.

He continues: “We have a week now to make a team, everyone knows it’s a short time but with the new owner and I coming in relatively late, this is the situation we are in. We have to do the best we can.

“One week is a long time in football but we'll be ready when we travel to London to meet West Ham. There's always been pressure in football, ever since I was involved in football there has been pressure but that's what you want to have. I like it, the more pressure the better for me.”

Views: 94

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by thaiMCFC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Text Link Ads script error: local_200939.xml is not writable. Please set write permissions on local_200939.xml.